Discover how the library can help your students.
Arrange visits for your classes to the local Queens Public Library:
- To familiarize your students with their neighborhood library
- To get library cards for you and your students
- To enjoy a program presented by the librarian tailored to your students’ ages and interests including picture book times and book talks for older classes
- To borrow library materials
- To help students learn about the Library's computer catalog and access to the Internet
Queens Public Library can also provide you and your students with:
- Annotated reading and web finding lists
- A wide variety of curriculum related materials for children and teens
Queens Public Librarians can also:
- Arrange to visit classes at your school to introduce books and stories
- Present to your parents’ association or faculty groups
- An assignment alert is intended to help assure that materials needed for projects and assignments will be available at the local library for your students. By contacting the children’s librarian and giving at least two weeks notice, you can arrange to have your branch ship in relevant material from other branches in the Queens system, and these materials will be put on reserve for you and your students. Please note that this program is most useful when the assignment is specific to the class and not citywide. If you would like to take advantage of our assignment alerts, please contact your local branch.