Early Learning Services at Queens Public Library
Play Today@ Queens Public Library Programs*: These are location-initiated programs that happen in English and Spanish consistently and have happened in Bengali, Russian, Polish, and Mandarin when the children’s librarian can facilitate.
- Mother Goose Storytime: birth to crawlers (birth- ~6 months)
- Toddler Storytime: crawlers to early walkers (~6-18 months)
- Picture Book Storytime: early walkers to runners (~18-36 months)
- Story Hour: runners to jumpers (~3-5 years)
- Wednesdays at all locations
Toddler Learning Center (TLC)* is open to young children ages 18 – 38 months. This special program is presented several times a year in more than 30 Queens Public Library locations. Parents will learn about nutrition, speech development, early literacy, and parenting skills, while toddlers become familiar with social environments at a young age. Each TLC runs a five-session term, and each session is led by an early learning professional. To register, please contact any participating library. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
- Twice a year- Fall and Spring
- 5 weekly sessions
- Currently in 39 locations
- Dual learning design- children develop social skills while parents receive valuable information
- 5 professionals in the fields of:
- Creative Movement
Kick Off to Kindergarten (K2K) - Families with children can participate in Kickoff to Kindergarten when the child is between ages 3 and 5. K2K is currently being offered virtually, and runs for seven consecutive sessions. Enrolled caregivers and students will participate in weekly group sessions and will also have opportunities to talk privately with the teacher to ask questions and for guidance and feedback. To prepare children to read, K2K develops knowledge of early literacy skills with guided activities and storytimes for families, while promoting at-home literacy and conflict analysis strategies for adults. Preregister here and we’ll reach out with information for our next season of K2K. Email K2K@queenslibrary.org for other questions.