DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounts Payable Manager manages the daily operations of the accounts payable staff ensuring that all daily work, including invoice entry, good receipts and vendor statement review is done accurately. Written performance appraisals are accurately completed in accordance with the employee performance evaluation process. Staff are cross-functionally trained and can perform all accounts payable job responsibilities. Staff is fully trained and provides courteous and timely customer service. Work expectations are established and performance monitored.
- Responsible for all internal control structures and accounts payable procedures are documented in writing and followed at all times.
- Independently identifies and implements enhancement of Accounts Payable services or workflows which improve Accounts Payable operational productivity and customer service and/or reduce costs.
- Works with the Information Technology Department (ITD) to ensure all SAP patches and updates are tested and working as intended.
- Processes payments for non-purchase orders and purchase orders invoices including check requests, and phone bills 3-5 days of receipt.
- Works with external vendors and other Library staff with research into payment queries.
- Reviews and processes travel reimbursements for payment in accordance with the business expense policy.
- Reviews advances on a monthly basis. Follows up on advances that require expense reports within 2 days of review.
- Reconciles the credit card statements by obtaining receipts that correspond to the charges on the statement. Processes payment to the vendor within the due dates indicated on the statement so that no finance charges are assessed to the account. Properly posts each charge to the budget code indicated on the receipt.
- Reconciles, reports and issues annual 1099 and 1096 forms to IRS. Reconciles Accounts Payable aging reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Five plus years of current work experience as an Accounts Payable Manager.
- Data entry experience.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Current SAP experience.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Accounts Payable Manager - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.