Queens Connected Mobile Hotspot Lending Program
Get access to free, unlimited internet right at home!
Do you need Internet at home for your child’s schoolwork or for your own research? Would you benefit from having WiFi to apply for jobs online or to access the library’s databases and attend virtual programs?
WiFi hotspots are now available for loan at many Queens Public Library locations. Devices may be checked out for 2 months, with up to 5 optional renewals.
Hotspot Eligibility Requirements
To participate in this program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a valid Queens Public Library card and be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid photo ID
- Have no outstanding fees
- Have no Internet access at home
There is a limit of one device per household.
This program is sponsored by FCC’s E-Rate program, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, National Grid, Notias Construction, Sterling National Bank, and The Thomas & Jeanne Elmezzi Private Foundation.
Visit one of the following QPL locations to learn more and pick up your hotspot today!
- Arverne (312 Beach 54 Street)
- Astoria (14-01 Astoria Boulevard)
- Central Library (89-11 Merrick Boulevard)
- Corona (38-23 104 Street)
- East Elmhurst (95-06 Astoria Boulevard)
- Elmhurst (86-07 Broadway)
- Far Rockaway (1003 Beach 20th Street)
- Flushing (41-17 Main Street)
- Hollis (202-05 Hillside Avenue)
- Langston Hughes (100-01 Northern Boulevard)
- Lefferts (103-34 Lefferts Boulevard)
- Lefrak City (Mobile Library) (98-30 57 Avenue)
- Long Island City (37-44 21 Street)
- McGoldrick (155-06 Roosevelt Avenue)
- Mitchell-Linden (31-32 Union Street)
- Peninsula (92-25 Rockaway Beach Boulevard)
- Pomonok (158-21 Jewel Avenue)
- Poppenhusen (121-23 14 Avenue)
- Queensboro Hill (60-05 Main Street)
- Rosedale (144-20 243 Street)
- South Hollis (204-01 Hollis Avenue)
- South Jamaica (108-41 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard)
- People who borrow hotspots from this location must also agree to participate in QPL’s Job and Business Academy programs.
- South Ozone Park (128-16 Rockaway Boulevard)
- St. Albans (191-05 Linden Boulevard)
- Woodside (54-22 Skillman Avenue)
Tablet Lending Program
Take Queens Public Library with you wherever you go! We lend Hyundai tablets to library card holders for free.
Anywhere there is Wi-Fi service available, customers can use Hyundai tablets to access the Queens Public Library app and:
- Read, listen to, and watch digital materials directly
- Listen to music through Freegal
- Search our catalog, view account information, request books, and search and register for events
- Ask for assistance, join our vibrant online community, and much more
The tablet’s features include: 10.1” screen size, 1920x1200 screen resolution, a 8.0 MP front-facing camera, a 13.0 MP rear-facing camera, 4GB of RAM, and LTE connection.
Hyundai tablets may be borrowed for one month, with three renewals possible (four months total). First-time borrowers must bring a photo ID and sign a borrower’s agreement. Children under 17 may borrow with a parent or guardian’s consent.
Please contact your local library to see if they are participating in this program, for current inventory levels and availability, and for other questions and concerns.
This program is made possible thanks to support from the Federal Emergency Connectivity Fund.