Tax season is here!
Filing taxes can be an overwhelming, complicated process. But it doesn’t have to be.
Queens Public Library is partnering with a number of organizations to offer FREE in-person tax counseling sessions for New Yorkers at several QPL locations.
During these sessions, professionals from our partner organizations will help you prepare (and in many cases e-file) your tax returns.
For more details about these tax counseling sessions, and to learn how you can schedule an appointment:
- Visit the QPL Calendar
- Pick up a copy of our Tax Help Brochure at your local library
- Download a copy of our Tax Help Brochure here.
The following essential documents are required to prepare your taxes, and must be brought to any in-person tax counseling session. Please read our Tax Help Brochure to learn about any additional documents that may apply to you.
- Government issued picture ID
- Driver’s or non-driver’s license required for NY State tax return
- Social Security cards or ITIN documents for everyone listed on your tax return
- Copy of last year’s tax return (if you filed)
Please note that Queens Public Library does not operate these programs, does not vouch for the accuracy of information disseminated during such programs, and assumes no responsibility for any statements made.