DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Youth Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing and leading marketing initiatives to engage youth, ages 13-21, and promote Queens Public Library (QPL) programs and services that are available to them. This position will also be responsible for conducting market research to reach this age group and analyzing data of various marketing campaigns. The Youth Marketing Specialist will work closely with creative/design staff, the Social Media Manager, Programs and Services staff, and various managers throughout the organization.
- Creates a marketing and creative strategy based on subgroups identified within the target audience, which can include parents/families of the youth.
- Creates, edits, and maintains content for youth and parents on QPL’s website, mobile app, and current flagship social media platforms.
- Explores, expands, and manages trending social media networks (Ex: TikTok, Snapchat) and build social media influencer program.
- Conducts surveys, focus groups, and market research to better understand the needs of the Queens youth population.
- Supports and builds external partnerships to increase awareness of QPL’s youth services.
- Monitors social media analytics and other important key performance indicators (KPIs) for various marketing campaigns to make efficient optimizations.
- Utilizes traditional and digital marketing channels, such as print (flyers, postcards, etc.), email, search engine marketing, online advertising, and others, as needed.
- Develops and executes youth engagement initiatives such as sweepstakes, contests, and polls.
- Creates and manages a youth ambassador program for content, outreach and promotional purposes.
- Assists with managing marketing budget and develop projected spend, which can include giveaways, advertisements, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The schedule for this position may include evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must have 3-5 years of marketing experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of social media marketing experience.
- Experience with HTML and email design tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with both internal clients and external partners.
- Must be highly analytical and have the ability to collect marketing performance data and transform into insightful analysis.
- Excellent project management skills, well organized and adaptable, with a strong ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Ability to adapt and learn concepts and skills quickly.
- Must be able to create and manage budgets and forecasts for marketing campaigns.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Experience in marketing to youth is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Photoshop, is a plus.
About Queens Public Library:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Youth Marketing Specialist - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Starting annual salary range is $48,000 - $64,000.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.