DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Office Associate supports the Queens Memory Project team with clerical responsibilities such as management of contacts database, public program booking and tracking, coordination of presenter agreements and vendor payment, booking meeting rooms, and helping to coordinate the processing workflow of archival donations. Contributes to digitization, transcription and audio/video editing tasks associated with the processing workflow we coordinate with staff and volunteers.
- Assists in clerical tasks that support the staff of Metadata Services and the activities of the Queens Memory Project volunteers and participants.
- Orders and receives supplies.
- Coordinates with the Public Services Department, Purchasing Department and Finance Department to book and promote programs, track attendance, and pay presenters.
- Contributes to team managing processing tasks and reproduction requests.
- Maintains accurate databases and tracking spreadsheets for processing of archival donations.
- Digitizes materials in a variety of formats including photographs, maps, manuscripts, rare books, and other materials as needed. Follows Queens Public Library’s best practices for digital preservation (file naming, storage protocol and documentation).
- Assists with the coordination of special projects, such as mailings to volunteers, assembly of packets for workshops, and database clean-up projects, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a professional setting.
- Experience working in a technical capacity.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Familiarity with database software.
- Ability to learn new digitization and preservation technology.
- Able to perform independently, be self-motivated, adapt to constant change, and juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Willingness to adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Additional technology education is preferred.
- Experience with an overhead scanner, book scanner, flatbed scanner preferred.
- Fluency with languages spoken in Queens is preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Office Associate - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.