DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading various organizational marketing initiatives that target different populations that speak to the diversity of Queens, primarily in digital channels. Leading and managing membership marketing programs including acquiring new library cardholders and engaging current library cardholders. This position will also be responsible for data management, reporting and analysis of various marketing campaigns. Additional responsibilities include managing at least one part-time staff member, market research, developing marketing plans for programs, services, and products offered by the Queens Public Library (QPL). Implementing and optimizing programs using direct mail, online marketing, event marketing, creative development and field marketing. The Marketing Manager will work closely, system-wide with the creative/design staff, Government and Community Affairs staff, and various Managers throughout the organization.
- Creates, edits and maintains content on the QPL’s website and mobile app.
- Assists with virtual programs and posts content on our social media platforms as needed.
- Gathers and develops content for email campaigns by reviewing program information in event system or speaking with program managers.
- Builds and tests quality assurance for email campaigns using email design tool.
- Assists with the development of automating digital communications such as email campaigns (example: new cardholder welcome series).
- Plans and implements various paid advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms as needed.
- Monitors ad spending and performance to ensure that campaigns are on track and do not exceed campaign budgets.
- Manages customer data including developing segmentation and profiles for use in acquisition and retention marketing. Will oversee processes and business rules to use customer data for direct mail, online advertising, email, etc.
- Responsible for reporting and analytics for the marketing programs. This includes developing performance metrics (KPI’s), reports, and analysis of the data to track performance and optimize marketing programs.
- Analyzes customer insights, consumer trends, the President’s Council for Racial Equity (PCRE) Marketing and Outreach Committee recommendations, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies.
- Conducts market research by reviewing community assessment data, identify target audiences and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels, including email, social media, and direct mail.
- Develops and implements strategies and tactics for various marketing programs. This includes acquisition, retention and engagement, Customer Retention Management (CRM) and membership communications.
- Develops cohesive content and creative strategy to support and promote all marketing programs including membership marketing, product, programs and services.
- Oversees the content marketing strategy by developing and managing all original QPL imagery and video content, creates storyboards, develops more content to expand our content library, and supports staff in executing their content ideas.
- Ensures that all marketing campaigns are effectively targeting the diverse populations in Queens.
- Manages the promotional calendar to plan campaigns accordingly.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a strategic acquisition program.
- Assists with budget forecasts for various efforts which can include direct mail, online advertising, print advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, events, and field marketing at library branches.
- Manages the retention-marketing program to keep current customers engaged with library programs and services by actively promoting programs and services, targeted and delivered by various channels. These channels can include email, direct mail, and field marketing at the branches.
- Supports and executes customer engagement initiatives such as sweepstakes, contests, and polls.
- Oversees development of various marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, signs, banners, online ads, print ads, and emails to support marketing programs.
- Develops creative briefs for use by design staff to design new marketing materials.
- Works with in-house design team and/or external agencies/consultants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The schedule for this position may include evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must have 3-6 years of overall marketing experience.
- Experience working in consumer marketing setting or at a membership-focused organization is highly desired.
- Experience with HTML and email design tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with internal clients.
- Must be highly analytical and have the ability to collect marketing performance data and transform into insightful analysis.
- Excellent project management skills, well organized and adaptable, with a strong ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must possess skills or knowledge of performance-based marketing such as direct mail or online marketing.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Ability to adapt and learn concepts and skills quickly.
- Must be able to create and manage budgets and forecasts for marketing programs.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising or Business preferred.
- Experience in operating an email management platform, analytics, social media and CRM is preferred.
- Experience in Google ads is a plus.
About Queens Public Library:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Marketing Manager - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.