DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordination of the creative production workflow, customer service for internal clients and providing administrative support to the Marketing department.
- Prepares completed marketing jobs for printing and shipping, including attaching PDFs, and creating labels for branches.
- Continuously monitors, reviews and assigns marketing jobs entered into LAMPS database to the design team.
- Enters LAMPS jobs into Marketing’s workflow platform for copy review.
- Assists with the production workflow management.
- Troubleshoots and resolves production issues in the creative workflow as needed.
- Creates, edits, and proofreads marketing materials as needed.
- Generates work orders for the Reprographics Department.
- Monitors monthly calendars and flyer templates submitted by branches and enters information for the Marketing team to review.
- Communicates with internal and external partners as needed.
- Provides final marketing materials (ex: social media graphics, flyer templates, etc.) to requestors.
- Coordinates and assists with system-wide marketing material distributions.
- Plans and manages the Marketing Department’s meeting schedule.
- Monitors campaign performance as need by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports.
- Provides phone coverage and receptionist duties in a fast paced environment.
- Orders and maintains supply inventory.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials as needed.
- Manages internal office operations, including supervision of volunteers.
- Maintains monthly calendar for Marketing Department.
- Operates copy machines to provide promotional materials to library locations.
- Generates work orders as needed.
- Assists with managing Marketing’s budget and purchase order workflow by obtaining quotes from vendors, organizing print files to send to vendors, creating a requisition and purchase order into SAP, among other responsibilities.
- Answers telephone calls and ascertains appropriate actions to assure professional, courteous and quality customer service to each caller.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers regarding marketing jobs and Queens Public Library merchandise requests.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries or concerns via email, phone or in-person.
- Supervises part-time hourly workers, volunteers, and interns.
- Assigns and oversees the work given to the staff.
- Provides instruction and training to the staff to ensure that they are following proper procedures and that the work is done correctly and on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years clerical support required.
- Must possess superb organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite applications and Google Docs Editors suite.
- Must have a high level of creativity and attention to detail.
- At least 1 year or marketing experience is highly desirable.
- College degree preferred.
- Knowledge on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, email and print marketing is a plus.
About Queens Public Library:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Marketing Coordinator - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Starting annual salary is $50,975.
THIS POSITION MAY BE ADVERTISED EXTERNALLY.