DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for all Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) activities for all Queens Public Library part-time employees. The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department. Performs data entry into HRIS and prepares personnel files. Maintains processes and facilitates first level requests for information. Maintains and updates reports, new employee documents, and applicant files. Assists with special projects, file retention, and compliance reporting. Provides backup support to the HR Solution Center.
HRIS Data Maintenance
- Processes employee transactions including new hires, rehires, and separations and changes in employment information.
- Processes employee changes in information such as name, address, pay, and changes in positions/transfers.
- Responsible for creating new positions and conducting overall maintenance of HR related information.
- Processes new hire paperwork. Ensures that newly hired part-time employees have completed the I-9 form and submitted the appropriate documents. Enters new hire information into SAP.
Assists with Recruitment of Part-Time employees
- Creates internal and external job announcements and advertisements. Monitors and posts positions to external websites/job-boards.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Human Resources, collaborates with managers to conduct initial data collection of new part-time position information. May conduct interviews.
- Partners with the Recruitment and Onboarding Specialist to ensure all orientation activities have been completed, all documents have been submitted, and completes the employer section of the I-9 form.
- Provides support during orientation sessions.
Human Resources Regulatory Compliance
- Conducts audits and runs reports to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Human Resources, manages regulatory compliance projects.
- Assists with file retention.
General Office and Administrative Support
- Handles customer inquiries and requests via phone, email or in person.
- Executes changes in Kronos on an as needed basis.
- Point of contact for questions and issues regarding Human Resources systems.
- Creates and maintains personnel files.
- Processes notifications, mailings and communication materials for employees.
- Responsible for filing, routing HR documentation, scheduling conference rooms, coordinating internal and external meetings and preparing meeting materials.
- Provides backup support to the HR Solution Center, including coverage and completing employment verifications.
- Assists with special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency is required.
- A minimum of one year of administrative/customer service experience is required.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Excellent oral and written communication skills and intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel required.
- College degree preferred.
- Human Resources experience preferred.
- Experience with other MS Office applications preferred.
- Proficiency in one of the languages spoken in Queens preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Human Resources Assistant - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.