DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Budget and Grants Accountant initiates and controls the financial processes for grants to the Queens Public Library and Queens Public Library Foundation from both government and non-government funding sources.
- Responsible for the financial management for federal, state, and private grants for the Library and the Queens Public Library Foundation.
- Notifies the Program Manager, the Grants Administrator or the Director of Grants and Capital of any proposed expense reclassifications and journal entries
- Maintains files for all grant documents so all grant activities are maintained in centralized files for audit and documentation purposes.
- Ensures expenses charged to grant budget lines are properly classified and appropriate.
- Liaises with auditors relating to all grant activities.
- Meets with the Manager of Grants, Grant administrators, and Program Managers on an established routine basis to review salaries and wages charged to each grant.
- Works with program managers ensuring all salary and wages charged to the grant are authorized and allowable.
- Performs expense and budget allocations as required.
- Assists with Year End Closing Training Sessions.
- Performs Year End SAP Testing per IT Department request.
- Collaborates with IT Department to provide SAP report recommendations/enhancements.
- Creates, maintains and runs monthly open PO report for grants.
- Grant oversight (e.g., Q fund in particular s/b monitored/restricted, prevent underwater funds).
- Runs any grant related reports as needed by external departments.
- Cleans up all old closed funds.
- Manages and oversees receivables and cash receipts for all grants.
- Maintains Outlook grant notification mailbox.
- Responsible for the day-to-day budget management for federal, state, and private grants received by the Library and the Foundation.
- Using SAP financial software, creates SAP budget lines for all grants based on award documentation.
- Advises Program Manager, and Director of Grants and Capital as well as the appropriate Department Head at six (6) months, three (3) months, and one (1) month intervals before a grant expires, of current spending status.
- Ensures that managers and staff are assigned to their proper Funds, Fund Centers and Commitment Items and are able to view and use the functionality available for their budget reports in SAP.
- Assists in obtaining missing SAP permissions for customers.
- Completes all appropriate budget line transfers, upon approval of Program manager, Manager of Grants and Capital Finance, or the CFO.
- Responsible for the financial reporting and analysis for federal, state, and/or private grants as required.
- Completes financial reports and cash reimbursement/voucher forms to ensure that the maximum allowable cash payment or advances are requested from the grant sponsor at the earliest dates allowable by the sponsor.
- Performs personnel services cost estimates for grant requests and spending projections.
- Completes all indirect cost analyses.
- Coordinates and facilitates maintenance of time & effort records for staff personal services charged to grants.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and three years of SAP experience required.
- At least 5 years of grant management experience required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple reporting and period requirements with competing deadlines.
- Must possess good customer skills.
- Audit experience a plus.
- Construction accounting experience also a plus.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Grants Accountant - QLWEB in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.