DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Finance Operations Coordinator serves a central role in Finance with the functions of assisting the Accounts Payable team to review and voucher invoices as well as play an integral role in assisting the Controller with other core Finance duties.
- Accurately enters and posts accounting and vendor invoice data into the SAP system. Prepares reports of posted invoices for internal audit review and release for payment.
- Researches and resolves staff and vendor inquiries. Investigates old outstanding invoices on vendor statements and/or invoices.
- Prepares open Purchase Order reports with review and analysis for submittal to the CFO and the Controller on a monthly basis.
- Reviews bank account(s) outstanding checks on a monthly basis to correlate against vendor address data that may need updating, and liaises with the Purchasing Unit accordingly.
- Supports the CFO and the Controller with preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting duties, such as schedules for depreciation, vendor information and accounts payable schedules.
- Supports the grant managers with review of month-to-month fund allocation(s) expenditures, deadlines and communications with library staff constituents.
- Provides recommendations to the Controller concerning current and upcoming projects, deadlines and ensures alignment with QPL policies and procedures.
- Supports the Finance team with training initiatives as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of four years of accounts payable and finance related experience required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to proactively identify key issues.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Creative problem-solving skills with ability to perform independently.
- Strong computer skills and SAP experience a plus.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Finance Operations Coordinator – QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.