DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Assistant is an important part of a dynamic team dedicated to advancing the mission of Queens Public Library. This individual provides executive-level support to the Library’s President and CEO. Responsibilities include serving as the internal and external liaison and first point of contact for the President and CEO between the Library’s senior executives, board of trustees, partners, and internal and external customers. Must be able to positively manage and support relationships between the president and senior leadership, employees, vendors, departments, and internal & external customers. Performs other duties as assigned
The individual must possess and be able to execute a broad range of analytical, administrative, executive support and research functions with little oversight or supervision. Must be able to manage multiple time-sensitive deadlines while naturally retaining a positive attitude. They will be entrusted with handling confidential information, and at all times must act with tact, discretion, and integrity. Independently completes high volumes of complex tasks and projects quickly. Must be customer-focused, flexible, foresighted, self-starting, proactive, and reliable. Attention to detail and accuracy are vital for this role.
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative functions such as scheduling meetings, prioritizing and responding to internal and external inquires, and maintaining emails, other correspondence, reports, and files for the President and CEO.
- Assists the Library’s Chief of Staff and Sr. VP with executing administrative tasks aligned with the President and CEO’s vision and the Library’s mission, strategic plan, and initiatives.
- Provides professional, courteous and quality customer service to internal and external constituents. Greets and assists visitors in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Reacts with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround and take effective action. Efficiently and creatively solves problems.
- Follows up on delegated tasks and assignments for status and completion.
- Assists General Counsel and Sr. VP. with board of trustees and committee meetings by gathering, editing, and proofreading meeting agendas, reports, and minutes; works closely with departmental staff to ensure scheduled board of trustees meetings are conducted efficiently.
- Provides administrative support to trustees, key staff, and external guests before and after board and committee meetings.
- Facilitates and completes special projects as assigned.
- Schedules and organizes meetings and appointments on behalf of President and CEO.
- Coordinates President and CEO’s business/social functions and travel arrangements.
- Assists management staff with the planning and coordination of events and meetings.
- Assists President and CEO and management staff with collecting departmental information and material from designated departments and staff for pertinent Library reports, presentations, and events.
- Responds to internal and external requests for data and special reports.
- Prepares, proofreads, and edits routine correspondence.
- Assists senior management, departments and other support staff with administrative needs, as assigned.
- Provides supervision and training to the administrative support team and other department staff.
- Monitors emails after hours; provides telephone and mail support.
- Approves departmental purchases and assists in processing invoices and receipt reimbursements; monitors departmental budget for expenditures and accuracies.
- Performs general office duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The schedule for this position will include occasional evenings and weekends.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting a President/CEO and executive level management. High School diploma required.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment, discretion, and integrity in handling confidential/sensitive matters and keep the strictest level of confidentiality.
- Superb administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills. Must possess strong typing, spelling, and editing skills with thorough knowledge of grammar.
- Excellent computer skills and be proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) applications and Adobe Acrobat. Must also possess the ability and willingness to learn new software and programs, as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a heavy workload and adjust to multiple, changing priorities.
- Resourceful and positive attitude.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- College Degree preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Executive Assistant - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Starting annual salary range is $80,000 - $90,000.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.