** This is a temporary grant-funded position through 6/30/2022. **
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the larger scope of formal and informal learning of the Programs & Services Department’s (PSD) Adult Learner Program (ALP) division, the Digital Literacy Lead Instructor will deliver training and assistance to Queens Library customers and staff on beginner to advanced technology topics. Based out of the Queensbridge Tech Lab, the Lead Instructor develops and revises technology workshop curricula, instructional materials and assessment tools, and supports system-wide digital literacy initiatives for all age groups. The Lead Instructor works closely with the Digital Literacy Coordinator to design and implement standardized system-wide technology training, and deliver professional development and teacher coaching to Queens Public Library staff to enhance public class offerings. Responsibilities include liaising and providing support to customers and various departments to ensure that Queens Public Library and the Queensbridge Tech Lab are leading the field in quality of technology training and outcomes.
- Delivers technology workshops on beginner to advanced technology topics to customers at the Queensbridge Tech Lab.
- Provides one-on-one assistance and support to Tech Lab users.
- Supports outside presenters in delivery of specialized technology workshops.
- Designs and implements appropriate tools to assess participant outcomes.
- Develops and revises technology workshop curricula to reflect customer needs.
- Facilitates regular professional development sessions to keep Queens Public Library staff up to date on new and emerging technology trends.
- In conjunction with Digital Literacy staff, implements a standardized system-wide technology training program through professional development workshops, classroom observation, and teacher coaching.
- Outlines framework(s) for teachers to assess themselves and their participants during the process of achieving program outcomes and objectives.
- Establishes a clear pedagogy and set of goals/outcomes that guide instructional staff.
- Meets regularly with Community Library Managers and staff to assess the progress of curriculum and professional development efforts, and modify methodologies as needed.
- Manages online communications and online support with participating teachers.
- Acts as subject matter expert, liaison and support to CLS and other Library staff for technology instruction as needed.
- In conjunction with Digital Literacy staff, designs foundational and expanded curricula for system-wide technology training at Queens Public Library, including: lesson plans, classroom materials, evaluation and assessment tools.
- Works with Digital Literacy and JBA staff to ensure that standardized system-wide computer classes allow customers to develop the skills to enter intermediate and advanced technology training classes.
- Works with Queensbridge Tech Lab staff to design advanced technology training experiences and supporting materials for a variety of software applications and technical competencies.
- Collaborates with Adult Learning staff to create curricula that allows for flexibility and encourages innovation and digital literacy within overall structure.
- Provides direction for procurement of material, training, and fiscal resources to implement curricula.
- Provides support to Digital Literacy staff with data collection related to system-wide program attendance and assessment.
- Collects success stories from customers as specified by Library and funding sources.
- Prepares reports, analyses, projections and evaluations of technology training services.
- Works closely with the Digital Literacy staff and Queens Public Library Foundation to apply for various funding opportunities.
- Assists with implementation of technology-related grants in other Adult Learning divisions or Community Libraries.
- Assists Digital Literacy staff in establishing standard processes and procedures for marketing and evaluation of technology trainings.
- Performs other duties as required.
The schedule for this position will include Saturdays and evenings as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in technology training required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in curriculum development.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience supervising, training, and/or providing professional development to teaching staff.
- Advanced proficiency in technology, including MS Office; Google Apps; Mac, PC, and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one of the following areas: web development and design; Adobe Creative Suite; 3D printing; 3D game design; data analysis and visualization; learning management systems; physical computing; Java, Python, or comparable programming languages.
- Proven ability for mastering emerging technologies and staying informed on current trends.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to see a project through from inception to completion.
- Prior experience working as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully with patrons and staff of all levels.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Prior experience teaching teens/children in some capacity preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Digital Literacy Lead Instructor – QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.