DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Queens Public Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) non-profit organization whose mission is to raise funds for the programs, services, and materials for Queens Public Library.
The Development Associate plays a key role in the Queens Public Library Foundation. The Development Associate provides fundraising and administrative support to the team in all its varied activities and is also responsible for generating reports and other updates. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed individual who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team.
- Responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of donors under the supervision of the Director of Development and Executive Director.
- Assists staff in conducting outreach to and communicating with donors.
- Creates prospect research profiles as needed.
- Develops a comprehensive system to track, monitor, and organize research requests and prospect lists.
- Collaborates with the Database Manager on all acknowledgement procedures, ensuring letters are sent in a timely and accurate manner.
- Completes assigned data projects, including monthly pledge reminders, prospect tracking, and fund information.
- Manages all mailings.
- Coordinates grant proposals, report packets, and submissions.
- Provides support to the Executive Director with the President's donor meetings, events, etc. Collaborates with President's office on scheduling and meeting materials.
- Assists in coordinating all donor site visits.
- Tracks and compiles data related to funding streams.
- Supports staff and consultants for the Annual Gala.
- Supports staff and consultant for Annual Giving Campaign.
- Creates and maintains all administrative documents.
- Maintains Executive Director and Institutional Giving calendars.
- Maintains database of grants information and prepares weekly grant reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Tracks departmental expenses in the budget monitoring system.
- Assists Executive Director and Institutional Giving staff with budget reconciliation.
- Maintains the Foundation Board of Directors meeting calendar.
- Develops and maintains all correspondence related to the Foundation's Board of Directors.
- Plans and coordinates Board meetings (including all related board materials).
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of two years of fundraising and administrative experience.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized, thorough, and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once.
- Professional computer experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases and internet tools.
- Two years of experience working in an office environment.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Masters Degree in non-profit management preferred.
- Advanced computer knowledge of Excel and databases (particularly in Raiser's Edge or Salesforce).
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference "Development Associate - QLWEB" in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.