** This is a temporary grant-funded position through 6/30/2023. **
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the larger scope of formal and informal learning of the Programs & Services Department (PSD) and reporting to the Coordinator of Children’s Services, the Coordinator of MyLibraryNYC project will be responsible for developing and maintaining Queens Public Library’s relationships with the NYC Department of Education and local schools as part of the MyLibraryNYC initiative.
This is a Partnership with Brooklyn Public Library, New York Public Library, Queens Public Library, and the Department of Education Office of Library Services. They collaboratively work to support students and teachers to meet the increasing expectations for college and career readiness embodied in the Next Generation Learning Standards (NGLS) requires enhanced access to a range of reading materials and research tools. This position will deliver core services to participating schools during the school year, requires frequent travel to Queens Public Library locations and Queens’ public schools.
- Works with local schools to ensure all students and educators have library cards.
- Provides training to educators and students on MyLibraryNYC initiative, Queens Public Library online resources and other topics as needed.
- Visits assigned schools to support faculty, students and parents in use of MyLibraryNYC resources and services.
- Assists educators in selecting and requesting appropriate teacher sets.
- Acts as liaison between enrolled schools and local Queens Public Library locations.
- Supports class visits at Community Libraries for schools.
- Assists in creating promotional materials and training materials for schools.
- Serves as a resource and problem solver for project-related questions from enrolled schools.
- Participates in community outreach and attends community events.
- Supervises at least two part-time outreach librarians.
- Assigns the enrolled schools to the part-time outreach Librarians.
- Inputs & approves bi-weekly timesheets.
- Holds weekly meetings with staff and plans outreach strategies.
- Assists in collating monthly and quarterly data collection for the DOE.
- Submits a revised work plan as needed.
- Attends bi-weekly on call phone meetings with partners
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position will involve local travel (50%).
- Master’s Degree required.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience working with schools, and educators required.
- Demonstrated experience managing and supervising remote staff.
- Abilities in the area of planning, organization and administration.
- Thorough knowledge of education policy, procedures and objectives.
- Strong presentation and programming skills.
- Local travel is involved (50%).
- Must be willing to submit to fingerprinting by the NYC Department of Education.
- MLS/MLIS degree or Master’s in Education with at least 2 years’ experience as a manager preferred.
- Familiarity with the NYC public school environment preferred.
- Significant outreach experience preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Coordinator of MyLibraryNYC - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.