DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Community Library Manager is responsible for managing the operations of a community library. Responsibilities include:
- Leads and supervises all staff, including providing timely and objective feedback of performance, fostering the learning and development of staff, as well as for providing and modeling exceptional public service to all age levels.
- Also responsible for programming, outreach, physical maintenance, collection development, community liaising.
- Keeps records and statistics. Prepares reports.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the following competencies: initiative, flexibility, cooperative teamwork and modeling exemplary customer service.
- Performs other duties as required.
The schedule for this position will include Saturdays and evenings.
- Requires an ALA accredited Master’s degree and a New York State Public Librarian’s Certificate.
- A minimum of one year of managerial experience including the performance management & supervision of full-time librarian staff is required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of library policies and procedures.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “CLM - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.