DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Grants Accountant initiates and controls the financial processes for grants to the Queens Public Library and Queens Library Foundation from both government and non-government funding sources.
- Responsible for the financial management for federal, state, and private grants for the Library and the Queens Library Foundation.
- Notifies the Program Manager, the Grants Administrator, or the Manager of Grants and Capital Finance of any proposed expense reclassifications and journal entries.
- Maintains files for all grant documents so all grant activities are maintained in centralized files for audit and documentation purposes.
- Ensures expenses charged to grant budget lines are properly classified and appropriate.
- Liaises with auditors relating to all grant activities.
- Meets with the Manager of Grants and Capital Finance, Grant Administrators, and Program Managers on an established routine basis to review salaries and wages charged to each grant.
- Works with program managers ensuring all salary and wages charged to the grant are authorized and allowable.
- Performs expense and budget allocations as required.
- Assists with Year End Closing Training Sessions.
- Performs Year End SAP Testing per IT Department request.
- Collaborates with IT Department to provide SAP report recommendations/enhancements.
- Creates, maintains and runs monthly open PO report for grants.
- Grant oversight (e.g., Q fund in particular s/b monitored/restricted, prevent underwater funds).
- Runs any grant related reports as needed by external departments.
- Cleans up all old closed funds.
- Manages and oversees receivables and cash receipts for all grants.
- Maintains Outlook Grant notification mailbox.
- Responsible for the day to day budget management of federal, state, and private grants received by the Library and the Foundation.
- Using SAP financial software, creates SAP budget lines for all grants based on award documentation.
- Advises Program Manager, and Manager of Grants and Capital Finance as well as the appropriate Department Head at six (6) months, three (3) months, and one (1) month intervals before a grant expires, of current spending status.
- Ensures that managers and staff are assigned to their proper Funds, Fund Centers and Commitment Items and are able to view and use the functionality available for their budget reports in SAP.
- Assists in obtaining missing SAP permissions for customers.
- Completes all appropriate budget line transfers, upon approval of Program Manager, Manager of Grants and Capital Finance, or the CFO.
- Responsible for financial reporting analysis for federal, state, and/or private grants as required.
- Reporting responsibilities includes completing financial reports and cash reimbursement/voucher forms to ensure that the maximum allowable cash payment or advances are requested from the grant sponsor at the earliest dates allowable by the sponsor.
- Financial analysis responsibilities include personnel services cost estimates for grant requests and spending projections.
- Completes all indirect cost analyses.
- Coordinates and facilitates maintenance of time & effort records for staff personal services charged to grants.
- Performs other duties as required.
ABOUT QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and three years of SAP experience required. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple reporting and period requirements with competing deadlines. Must possess good customer skills.
- Grant administration experience a plus.
- Construction accounting experience also a plus.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to: Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Grants Accountant - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.